Friday, June 11, 2010

yummy up dates ;)

Well first I know I have been slacking with posting I have been over at Sparkpeople.com!
But I have still been cooking!!
So First up is this kick A** chocolate cake!

I found the Recipe off of Vegweb.com My new go too vegan recipe site:)


I made it as a Bunt cake just because I didn't have any other pan. It turned out very Yummy and really no one could tell I didn't add eggs!
So here is the link Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake But I will also put it here :)
Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake*


3 C Flour
2 C Sugar
2 TSP Baking Soda
6 TBS Cocoa
1 TSP Salt
2 C Water
3/4 C Vegetable oil (your choice)
2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
2 TSP Vanilla


Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees. Whisk dry ingredients first. Once mixed evenly mix in the wet ingredients. Mix till there are no lumps. Pour into a prepared cake pan(s) and bake for approximately 40 min.


I frosted it with "Grandson approved" Chocolate Frosting By Sarah also on VegWeb.com


Sarah's Chocolate Frosting
1 C Sugar
6 TBS Corn Starch
4 TBS Cocoa
1/2 TSP Salt
2 TBS Oil
1 C Water
1/2 TSP Vanilla


Directions: 
Mix Sugar, corn starch, salt, and cocoa in a medium sauce pan. Whisk in the
water. Heat over Medium heat until it gets thick and starts to boil.*

Boil for 1-2 Minutes. ( Don't boil for too long or it will become Taffy)
Remove from heat and cool. Spread on a cooled cake.


*Jeannette's Notes
About the cake. I didn't have cake flour and used plain old all purpose flour. It came out great. You will not  Taste the Vinegar.. but it is what will make the cake rise along with the baking soda. ( Think third grade science)
Frosting .. this will thicken up super quick. Mine  didn't even boil before it became think, so I didn't let it boil for long. Also, it was kind of lumpy so... I used my handheld  beater/mixer and whipped it. No lumps!




No comments:

Post a Comment